Friday, December 26, 2008

JOHNSTOWN MAGAZINE COVER


From preliminary sketch to finished cover, here's how the Johnstown Magazine cover came to be. After picking from a couple sketches of my character, The Johnstowner, I went with this design.


After the initial loose pencil image was approved, I went into the inking stage....
















After that, I did the coloring using more of an old school flat coloring style.

Then, I sent it off to the talented Kim Williams who used her graphic design skills to set the logo and lettering. And there you have it...


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's cool to see the process from start to finish. Congrats on a great cover!

Anonymous said...

Oh ... and P.S.

http://johnstownmag.blogspot.com/2008/12/cover-is-born.html

Anonymous said...

Nicely done!

Your Average Bus Rider said...

so i love the fire in the belly of the Johnstowner... ;)